The ASUS TUF GAMING B460M-PRO motherboard has a Micro plate structure, 24.4x 24.4cm in size, and the shape design is a unique TUF agent style.
The upper PCIe x16 slot is designed with steel armor, and the CPU provides PCIe channels and supports PCIe 3.0 x16; the lower full-size PCIe slot has PCH to provide PCIe channels and only supports PCIe 3.0 x4.
There are also two M.2 ports. The first port supports SATA and NVMe SSD, but when the SATA SSD is plugged in, the first SATA port will fail. After the second M.2 interface is plugged into the SSD, the following PCIe interfaces will all fail.
Starting from the Intel Core i9-9900KS, due to the increase in processor power consumption, Intel desktop processors have increased the PL1 (long-term power consumption) and PL2 (short-term power consumption) limits, which means that they are in a stable operation state , The operating power consumption of the processor will not exceed the TDP figure. For example, the power consumption of i9-10900 and Intel Core i7-10700 will not exceed 65W, and the power consumption of i9-10900K and Intel Core i9-10850K will not exceed 125W.
There is no doubt that the power consumption of these processors under the full-core high-load state must be far beyond the TDP figure (65W/125W).
Previously, only the BIOS of the Z490 motherboard had modified the power wall. Most B460/H410 motherboards do not have this function, so the performance of the processor will be greatly limited. The BIOS of the ASUS TUF GAMING B460M-PRO heavy gunner motherboard finally broke through The limitation of the power wall can be modified by the user to better release the processor performance.
There is an EZ Debug indicator next to the 24Pin power supply interface of the motherboard. When the computer fails, it is clear which accessory is the problem.
Here is what we loved and hated about this Asus TUF motherboard.
- Power supply upgrade: upgrade from 6+2 phase power supply to 4+4+2 phase power supply, that is, parallel power supply. Each phase of the 4-phase core power supply is equipped with 2 powdered super alloy inductors. In terms of materials, the TUF GAMING B460M-PRO heavy gunner uses TUF military-grade power supply design (TUF capacitor, TUF inductor, TUF transistor), and can be equipped with top desktop processors such as i9-10900.
- 2.5Gbps network card: The network card is upgraded from the Intel I219V gigabit network card of TUF GAMING B460M-PLUS to the Realtek 8112B 2.5Gbps network card.
- The BIOS function has been greatly improved: you can unlock the TDP upper limit and manually set the processor voltage, which means that this motherboard can perfectly support overclockable processors such as i7-10700K or i9-10900K.
- Double M.2 interface: One M.2 interface is not enough in this era.
- Realtek ALC S1200A 8-channel sound effect chip: This is also the sound effect chip used in high-end motherboards.