More details have come up for the HP mini 1000 for which Taran posted about a couple of days ago. Powered by Intel Atom N270 1.6GHz processors, HP Minis will be made available worldwide in an array of configure-to-order options. Here is more info on these new HP Mini 1000 notebooks:
These companion PCs provide a simplified Internet experience in a sleek, ultra-portable design. Each is less than 1-inch thick, weighs a little more than 2 pounds and has a keyboard that is 92 percent the size of a standard notebook PC keyboard. All come with a BrightView widescreen Infinity display (1,024 x 600 resolution) with flush glass and LED backlight, built-in webcam and microphone.
The three models are as follows:
* The HP Mini 1000 features a piano-black finish with HP Imprint swirl design is pre-installed with Windows XP Home, making access to the web, critical files and PC applications easily portable. It includes an Ethernet jack, two USB ports, and Wi-Fi and Bluetooth wireless capabilities. Versions with 3G capabilities are expected to be available in December.
Configuration choices include screen size – 8.9-inch or 10.2-inch diagonal BrightView display – and solid-state or mechanical hard-drive options.
* The HP Mini 1000 Vivienne Tam Edition comes in vibrant red with a peony-flower inspired design that reflects the globally acclaimed fashion designer’s Spring 2009 collection. It seeks to satisfy the highly mobile, Internet-centric fashionista and features a 10.2-inch diagonal BrightView display.
Its design was first unveiled on the runway of Tam’s Fall 2009 Fashion Week show in Battery Park in New York, although many on the scene mistook it for a purse rather than the companion PC that it is. Tam labeled it the world’s first “digital clutch.”
The Vivienne Tam Edition companion PC runs Windows XP Home, making the web, critical files and PC applications easily portable. It includes an Ethernet jack, two USB ports, and Wi-Fi and Bluetooth wireless capabilities. Versions with 3G capabilities are expected to be available in December.
* The HP Mini 1000 with MIE (Mobile Internet Experience) is a uniquely simple, mobile Internet companion. An HP-developed interface makes it easy to enjoy digital content – videos, photos, music and email – on demand and on the go. MIE comes loaded with instant messaging, email and Skype for online video chat, making it easy to enjoy social-media experiences anywhere consumers are connected.
Applications enabling browsing, email and online video are pre-loaded and run from the MIE dashboard, minimizing startup time. Favorite websites that are added to the dashboard stay live, and the taskbar makes it easy to switch between programs.
The HP Mini 1000 with MIE runs the Linux operating system. It includes an Ethernet jack, two USB ports, and Wi-Fi and Bluetooth wireless capabilities.
Mini accessories and service
The HP Mini Mobile Drive gives HP Mini 1000 customers 2, 4 or 8 gigabytes of additional storage, making it simple to transport and retrieve important files, photos, music and other data. It sits flush against the HP Mini, maintaining the sleek design.
An optional six-cell lithium-polymer battery is planned to be available in January.
The HP Mini 1000 and HP Mini 1000 Vivienne Tam Edition come with a free six-month subscription to HP Upline for up to three computers. HP Upline is an easy-to-use, secure online service for the storage, backup, sharing and synchronization of digital content.
- HP Mini 1000 starting @ $399
- HP Mini 1000 Vivienne Tam Edition @ $699
- HP Mini 1000 with MIE @ $379
You can learn more about HP’s mini range here