If you own an HTC Butterfly we have good news for you as TWRP for it has been made available thanks to developers at XDA. Before you proceed the one that is mentioned below works only on the x920D.
Here is how to download and flash the HTC Butterfly TWRP
– Grab the recovery image from here.
– Setup Fastboot tools and drivers.
– Reboot phone to Bootloader mode(pressing Volume down while powering it on and pressing on Bootloader option)
– Run command prompt on your fastboot directory by Holding Shift(keyboard) and pressing right click on your mouse..choose open command window here..
– Issue commands:
fastboot erase cache
– Then after finishing the previous command..
fastboot flash recovery image.image
Here image.image is the filename of the recovery image you have downloaded.