Yes, this is a great news for all the UMPC users. But, the XP users are out of luck as the Origami experience 2.0 requires Windows Vista to work.
- Origami Central
Central gives you instant access to all your media, programs, and the Internet, with the touch of a finger.
- Origami Now
Now gives you one-touch access to the most important information at any given time and place.
- Origami Picture Password
With a Picture Password, you can log on to Windows and unlock your computer by tapping a sequence of targets on a picture, instead of typing a password.
- Touch Settings
Touch Settings combines several settings in Windows Vista into one place to make it easier to customize a touch screen.
- Supported Operating Systems: Windows Vista Business; Windows Vista Enterprise; Windows Vista Home Premium; Windows Vista Ultimate
Microsoft Origami Experience 2.0 is designed for ultra-mobile PCs (UMPCs).
A UMPC with the following specifications: –
- Minimum 100 MB of available hard disk space
- Minimum 1 GB of system memory
- Touch panel display (required for Origami Picture Password)
The UMPC must have the following software installed: –
- Windows Internet Explorer 7. Origami Experience 2.0 requires Internet Explorer 7 for its RSS platform.
- Windows Media Player 11. Origami Central requires Windows Media Player 11 in order to manage and play media.
- Microsoft Office Outlook 2007. The calendar tile in Origami Now works only with Office Outlook 2007 Calendar. The mail tile in Origami Now works with Office Outlook 2007 Mail and Windows Mail.