I bit the bullet and installed Windows 7 on the ASUS EEE 1000H.
- The installation is quite similar to the Windows Vista installation.
- The installation went fine with no hiccups. It took just 20-25 minutes for the complete installation.
- During the installation, it did get stuck at 0% for quite some time while “expanding files” and scared me a bit, but after 5 minutes, the percentage started increasing.
- VGA drivers were automatically picked up
- Aero was working without any problems
- IE 8 beta is included
Here is the Video of experience of Windows 7 on ASUS EEE 1000H
The vista gave me a modest Vista experience index of 2.0 (click on screenshot to see it’s original size screenshot). Overall, the performance is quite satisfactory. It is not slower than Vista, if not faster.
So, all in all, Windows 7 should work without problems when it is finally released. Is it too early to comment on the perfomance? Yes, it is. But, so far, no problems at all right now.
See this link to make the drivers run properly on Windows 7. That article is about making the Vista run nicely on the 1000H and applies for Windows 7 too.