A custom recovery on Samsung Galaxy S22+ Plus would allow you to install applications and firmware that is otherwise not supported by Samsung. This custom recovery, known as TWRP, is compatible with these S22+ variants – S906E, S906N and S9060. Visit the Settings on your S22 Plus phone to find out the exact variant.
Steps for downloading and installing custom recovery on Samsung Galaxy S22 Plus android phone.
- Unlock your bootloader on your S22 Plus.
- Then, download g0q twrp and kernel on your windows computer.
- Reboot to download mode on S22 Plus
- Then, place the TWRP TAR for S22 Plus with ODIN in the AP slot, vbmeta_disabled_R.tar in USERDATA slot and tap the Start button.
- Reboot to S22 Plus’s recovery via recovery key combo. Do this by pressing Volume up + power together while being connected to your computer’s USB port.
- Disable encryption on your S22 Plus. For this, go to Advanced > Terminal, type: multidisabler. If vendor complain about free space left on S22 Plus, will attempt to resize vendor. and it ask to – Run multidisabler again.
- Type: multidisabler again. will see – Finished. when done.
- Go back to Wipe > Format Data > type yes.
- Reboot to recovery.
- Flash custom kernel and magisk APK in TWRP custom recovery.
- Reboot to system on S22 Plus.